I trust that you've had a great break—while still making the best of this time to catch up on your revision, hobbies, etc.—and that you're excited about your final year in SST.
Please see the following for some details about your first day of school on Tuesday, Jan 3rd, 2017:
1) Make sure that your grooming is up to the expected standards, especially your hair and fingernails
2) Bring your parent-signed report book
3) Bring a storybook for silent reading during morning assembly (bonus points in my book for those who bring reading from EL reading list given out after the EOY exams); please sit according to your index number as usual with Sec 4 students sitting in quadrant three of the ISH if using the Cartesian coordinate plane
4) Bring a fully-charged LD (if not your power adapter)
5) Bring the relevant holiday homework, fun pack, and if applicable, remedial worksheets
6) Bring a working thermometer—or at least put it in your bag—so you don't forget it for the temperature taking exercise on Friday (Jan 6th, 2017)
7) Bring some cleaning cloths and rags to clean our classroom, which has been vacant for over a month
8) As part of our tradition, we're also appealing for you to donate non-perishable food items for our back-to-school food donation drive. You may want to bring white/brown rice, Milo, condensed milk, cereals, soy sauce, cooking oil, salt/sugar, biscuits, canned food, dried noodles, etc., all of which must have an expiry date of no less than 6 months and must not be opened or damaged in any way; if possible, please ensure that the food items are halal or contain no pork and lard.
You may be interested to know that you'll be having normal lessons on Wednesday and Thursday (Jan 4th and 5th, 2017) before going on a service-learning excursion with the elderly on Friday, Jan 6th, 2017; more details will be shared next week.
In the interim, before we elect new office bearers, our Class EXCO shall remain the same so we will rely on the current arrangement when certain need arises.
Ms Praveena Mohan and I look forward to working with you in 2017.
Thank you, and see you by 07:20 in the ISH next Tuesday!